Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FORMER CLEVELAND CAV BACK IN NASCAR OWNERSHIP GAME


Long-time Cleveland Cavaliers standout and one-time NASCAR truck series owner Brad Daugherty has jumped back into NASCAR ownership, reaching a deal to become part-owner of JTG Racing.

As first reporting by ESPN.com, the team will be renamed JTG Daugherty Racing.

"I have a tremendous passion for racing," Daugherty said Tuesday. "This gives me another avenue to be involved in the sport. It's a big stake to do this at he Cup level, and I hope it opens doors in the sport for other minorities and women."

JTG Daugherty currently fields two Nationwide teams, but will add a Sprint Cup entry with Marcus Ambrose behind the wheel in '09. The car will have Little Debbie snack cakes and the #47 on the hood.

Daughtery fielded a Craftsman Truck Series team from the late 80's into the 90's.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JT, what's up bro? Miss you back at the OBR.

John Taylor said...

My man Woody!!!

Great, great to hear from you.

I'm back at The OBR, full-time starting Aug. 1 if you want the scoop, but not the forums so much. I take them a lot more seriously than I should, so I needed to take leave. That, and helping an electrical business that's near and dear to my heart and soul.

ATI and the racing forum, that's where I'll hang out in the near future.

And you have my digits if you feel the need...

PS: She is the Wicked Bitch of the Southeast. Been reading, and you know what I'm talking about.